Monday, April 8th, 2019
7:30 AM From Research to Reality: How to Collaborate with Commercialisation Funds to Turn Ideas Into Products
While Universities have the capacity to generate ground-breaking research for market innovation, it is often a question of capital investment and processes required to translate research. Understand how to identify early research ideas and seek the right funding sources to bring these ideas into fruition.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- To develop an attractive research proposal to secure the right investors
- How to pitch your investment proposal! Work through the key elements of a pitch deck
- Successful case studies supported by Uniseed – seeding, supporting, and exit strategies involved
- To empower researchers to solve market problems and produce impactful research for communities
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 10th April 2019
Wednesday, April 10th, 2019
12:00 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: How to Scale Your Business by Identifying and Measuring ROI on Early Stage Research Ideas
Universities are improving their commercialisation support through rollouts of incubator and accelerator programs, while businesses are paying more attention to early research investments. There is an abundance of support from public and increasing private funding to encourage innovation in Australia. However, the main challenge for all stakeholders is identifying research projects that carry commercial viability as well as its impact on communities.
This panel discussion will look at the critical sets of challenges around bridging research to commercialisation and answer key questions:
- What are the factors that lead to commercial success or failure of a research idea?
- How to quantify the risk of a research project and what strategies can be implemented to mitigate these risks?
- The role of stakeholders to support innovation that can help solve market problems and create positive impact for our community