Jeff ConnollyChief Executive Officer
11:00 AM CASE STUDY: Changing The Culture Of Public - Private Sector Partnerships Through National Industry 4.0 Strategy
Changing the culture of universities and industry is no small task, but is an issue that must be solved if Australia wants to have a healthy research ecosystem with impactful commercialised research. Siemens have granted $135 million to digitise Swinburne University of Technology’s Factory of the Future and the national network of Industry 4.0 Testlabs. This will be rolled out across the country with one lab in each state and has just received a $5 Million grant from Mathias Corman to support the initiative. Professor Aleksander Subic discusses the successful joint case study of how changing culture in university to bring industry and researchers closer together has been essential to the success of the program, with an industry perspective from Jeff Connolly.
- Understand Swinburne and Siemens’ experience in creating the Factory of the Future and Industry 4.0 Testlabs.
- Identify how to alter behaviour and thus culture and how to fast track change
- Encourage researchers and foster culture change to create the entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on success and how to implement change
- Addressing culture change within business management to understand the value of research and how to be more involved with researchers
- Understand the limitations and lessons learned to avoid failure
This session looks at understanding the cycle and reliance businesses and universities have on each other- one to create truly innovative products, and the other to ensure commercialisation and ROI are met.
- How to find partners and manage relationships
- Assessing the role of growth centres in fostering communication and collaboration
- Understanding the importance of funding to create innovative products that benefit the community