This workshop will focus on how universities can improve their pipeline from research ideas to mature SMEs. Uniquest CEO, Dean Moss will discuss Australia’s support in start-ups, types of funding available to kick-start research ideas, as well as licensing deals and contract negotiation to enable universities to become active shareholders in successful commercialisation.
- Distinguish between IP-driven startups and founder-based startups and how to accommodate for both
- Identify quality research projects and develop a better pipeline for start-ups
- Address proof of concept to secure funding (types of funding available, applications for funding)
- Exit strategies – commercialisation and how universities can maximise their ROI through IP, and licensing deals
3:40 PM CHAMPAGNE ROUNDTABLE: Breaking Down Intellectual Property and Licensing Barriers to Improve Collaboration between Research and Industry
How can we determine the integrity of research commercialisation and overcome the concerns of Intellectual Property (IP) protection and licensing? To bring researchers closer to industry, we must create a community of trust and implement a commercialisation plan that benefits all stakeholders.
This panel will address the following questions:
- How can we efficiently negotiate the best practice for IP, data protection and cost expectations?
- How can we secure long-lasting partnerships that foster transparency and trust?
- What models should be used to benchmark terms for Contract Research?