ON Program Manager
How can we support the modern-day researcher to think ‘big’? New grants are in place that requires researchers to consider the impact of their research on communities and there is growing pressure to add commercialisation into the research mix. With this in mind, the ON Program seeks to equip researchers with the necessary skills and mindset to tackle industry-led problems.
- Developing the right frameworks to test the market for better decision-making on research ideas
- Educators and researchers to evaluate the long-term sustainable impact of their research
- Lessons, pitfalls, and success stories of spin-out programs from the ON program and how educators can continue to play a role in supporting researchers
3:40 PM CHAMPAGNE ROUNDTABLE: Breaking Down Intellectual Property and Licensing Barriers to Improve Collaboration between Research and Industry
How can we determine the integrity of research commercialisation and overcome the concerns of Intellectual Property (IP) protection and licensing? To bring researchers closer to industry, we must create a community of trust and implement a commercialisation plan that benefits all stakeholders.
This panel will address the following questions:
- How can we efficiently negotiate the best practice for IP, data protection and cost expectations?
- How can we secure long-lasting partnerships that foster transparency and trust?
- What models should be used to benchmark terms for Contract Research?