Measuring & Understanding The ROI of Research and Commercialisation Through the Full Lifecycle of a Collaboration
- Discussing creating collaboration with global companies and investors for mutual benefit to drive licencing and allowing access to capability
- l Ensuring research is based off market need and therefore can be translated and commercialised
- Understanding the opportunities for universities to leverage research expertise and infrastructure for local economic development and commercial engagement
- Understanding how to capture ROI and measure success
- Snapshot of the medtech/pharmaceutical sector in Australia
- Constraints and barriers for growth
- Sector megatrends
- Sector growth priorities
- Clinical trials
- Case studies
- Encouraging engagement and created connections with industry
- Determining what to protect with IP and ensuring it will receive ROI
- Ensuring education and communication is upheld when researchers are starting up to realise success.
- Discuss changes to the NHMRC Development Grant scheme, which is NHMRC’s main mechanism for funding health and medical research at the proof of concept stage.
- Discuss improvements to how industry track-record is valued in NHMRC peer review. These changes aim to enable researchers to move more flexibly between industry and academia.
- Discuss NHMRC’s new Innovation web page, which provides information to researchers about the commercialisation process.